Prev: Re: [SG2] Bad things happen... Next: Re: [FT] FB2 vector, missiles and you

[FT] FB2 vector, missiles and you

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:57:43 -0800
Subject: [FT] FB2 vector, missiles and you

In FB1 vector, you could thrust up to your main drive rating, plus
apply another half of that rating for pushes and rotations.  If you
didn't do the Cheesy Thrust, Rotate and Push Maneuver, you could
change your Unmodified End Point by SQRT(MD^2 + .5MD^2), which is
roughly 2.25mu (MD2), 4.5mu (MD4) or 6.7mu(MD6).   Cinematic missiles
have an acquisition range of 6mu but that makes it too easy to hit
with SMR, so it was suggested that vector acquisition range be reduced
to 3 or 4mu.

However, FB2 vector reduces your maneuver pool from 1.5 of your Main
Drive to only 1MD.   Should missile acquisition range also be reduced?
If so, we might divide by 1.5 to get 2 or 2.67mu.  It might be a
little short at 2mu.  We might consider 2.5 or 3mu.  Comments?

Of course, all the above also applies for fighters.

Prev: Re: [SG2] Bad things happen... Next: Re: [FT] FB2 vector, missiles and you