Prev: [slightly OT] the future is now for weapons? Next: Re: That Age Thing

Re: OUDF - Railguns??

From: "Matthew Smith" <matt@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:06:39 -0000
Subject: Re: OUDF - Railguns??

With regard to my idea for railguns....

> My suggestion, if you wish to continue with these is, either use 9 mu
> range bands (0-9 mu: hit on 2+, 9-18 mu: hit on 3+, etc.), and use
K-gun
> statistics with the MASS (and COST) doubled, or stick with your 12 mu
> range bands and use K-guns with the MASS (and COST) multiplied by
about
> 3 1/2. You could reduce the cost of a RG-1, and reduce its number of
> arcs as well - say limit _all_ railguns to 1 fire arc only.
>
> You represent the 'long range/low damage' properties by limiting
> yourself to RG-1 to RG-3s.
>
> Just an off-the-wall suggestion, anyway.
>
> Charles

I think it's a really great suggestion. I have had one mail back (you
probably got it too) telling me that my railguns were overpowered,
especially the larger classes. Your suggestion could solve that problem
in
one go. Thanks!!

Prev: [slightly OT] the future is now for weapons? Next: Re: That Age Thing