Prev: Announcment: Awsome Wargaming Web site with Numerous Gallery Sections Next: Re: Good AAR Techniques

[OT] unsolicited testimonial

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:06:21 -0500
Subject: [OT] unsolicited testimonial

As some of you know, Eureka has a 300 club and a 100 club. It is a way
get custom figures made. I did a little bit of legwork and got together
7 or
8 people who wanted 2183 Gurkhas and we got Nic to ask Jon and lo and
behold, Gurkhas with NAC weaponry in tropical kit with packs and
IAVRs....

Mike Broadbent (I think I got that right) (same lad sculpts the OUDF
etc)
did these figures and did an excellent job. Made just what we wanted -
realistic poses, good looking fatigues, kurkris and NAC
rifles/saws/laser
rifles. We got Nic to cast up 10 or 11 poses, though I suspect he may
have
about 14 due to a minor bit of confusion (4 sniper variants...) (heh).

Anyway, I think Jon might start producing them (after getting shipped
moulds
or however that works) and KR may decide he wants in on this eventually
too.
But I'd just like to take a moment to say Kudos to Nic, to Mike, and to
the
guys who (like me) were willing to agree to pony up some cash sight
unseen.
I won't have any reservations about doing so again, given the quality of
the
result!

Those going to GZG-ECC IV, watch the Carnage Con Queso (aka the Cheese
Game)
SG2 event for the first operational deployment of the 3rd Reformed
Gurkin
Rifles (long story, but pickles go well with cheese plates). Nic did me
up a
squad to send ahead of the main order (I mentioned lots of people at ECC
would see them...). If you are interested, you'll be able to see the
figs
and get some idea of the work Mike/Nic can produce (in case you want to
order some other custom work).

Just thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm a very satisfied customer. :)

Prev: Announcment: Awsome Wargaming Web site with Numerous Gallery Sections Next: Re: Good AAR Techniques