Prev: Good AAR Techniques Next: Re: PA books

Re: Good AAR Techniques

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:23:15 -0600
Subject: Re: Good AAR Techniques

***
What are some good techniques for note taking for AARs?

What things do you record/not record?

How much detail/abstraction?

Are there some good tricks to recording pertinent info?
***

While I'm aware this is probably intended for the gropos, vacheads can
rejoice in a certain advantage the plot sheet gives us.

If you take the standard spreadsheet layout, and add a small comment
area,
simple notes can be added by the players themselves. I never got far
with
this in my campaign; though I handed out sheets and asked players to
return
them, this was one of the details in the printed instructions they sort
of
missed.

My suggestion would be for a short hand version. The attackers could
write
something like 'S1/5-CH2,Stopped/2xCH2, 2xCE2, hits S1CH2(5,2)' to gives
the targeting and rolls of a SM salvo, though an FSE big boy would fill
have a sheet at this rate. The defender could record who caused
threshold
checks, and any fails.

For both AAR's and the point system I'd worked out for my Four Corners
campaign, would have been very useful.

Points: a) all the ships have to be properly marked, b) everyone playing
has to remember record keeping in the heat of battle. Don't just put
this
in your instructions; make certain your players understand and agree.
For
some players, this may be just too much like work. ;->=

Prev: Good AAR Techniques Next: Re: PA books