Prev: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities Next: Re: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities

Re: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:47:39 -0600
Subject: Re: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities

I tend to follow Jon's lead on this one, though I will say, for reasons
I'm
unable to  explain, that I tend to see NAC as running 'round in blowers.
With NSL and FSU in the gravs.

Does anyone else find current AFV's looking more and more alike? For
obvious, good reasons?

If you wish to differentiate, may I suggest adding which ever 'kit' to
each
model you fancy; difficult to do with 1/300th, but not impossible. You
could make a case for national differences: ESU are cluttered vehicles,
as
all niceties, including next's days rations and nearly
sufficient-to-mission drinking water, are add-ons to the spartan
interiors,
while NSU designs, sleak and unchanged, efficiently incorporate about
everything a modern tanker could need in the internal systems. I'll
refrain
from suggestions such as the curiosities of FSE kit, which include
espresso
makers and small casks with XXX on them... ;->=

If you insist on dividing the vehicles, though, you'll have to avoid
all-of-a-type to one nation; there may be tendencies, but each would
have
variety. There are sure to be planets where blowers won't be of much
use,
or others, where they will be THE way to see the countryside. Everybody
will have some, nobody will have them exclusively.

Being a vac-head, I won't EVEN try to work on the game balance side.

Prev: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities Next: Re: Dirstside/Stargrunt vehicle nationalities