Prev: Re: [FT] Ship repair Next: RE: [FT] Ship repair

Re: [FT] Ship repair

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 05:54:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship repair

Laserlight wrote:

> I'm getting ready for ECC, busily painting missiles, putting fighters
> on earring posts, packing ships, and so forth.  One thing I discovered
> is that a lot of the minis don't quite fit on the posts for their
> bases.  In most cases this is no real problem as I can just drill out
> with a 5/64" bit and the post will fit snugly.  In some cases, though,
> I have the opposite problem--the hole is too big for the post, and the
> minis are too flat (Voroshilevs and a Trieste) for me to drill a
> smaller diameter hole inside the original.  I could just drill another
> hold slightly displaced from where it's supposed to be and hope that
> doesn't throw things of balance, but I wanted to see if anyone had any
> suggestions for simple fixes.

I think what I have done in these cases is modify the entire post and
filed and shaped it to fit the figure as best as possible.  Sometimes
that has required cutting the smaller diameter post off and shaping the
larger diameter post to make the fit.

Or you could simply drill through and fill with "top" hole with a putty
or filler.

Prev: Re: [FT] Ship repair Next: RE: [FT] Ship repair