Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: 15mm Traveller Minis on eBay

Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:26:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List

Scott said:
> I've always felt that Henlein's Starship Troopers and Joe Haldeman's
Forever
> War should bee the bookend books of your sci-fi military bookshelf.
One at
> each end to know that good ficition embraces it all.

	I gave my young nephew a copy of each.
	I explained to him that Starship Troopers tended to
	be pro-military, conservative, pre-Vietnam, and
	Forever War tended to be anti-military, liberal,
	post-Vietnam.

> The movie of Starship
> Troopers could best be used as toilet paper, however the filmstock is
> abrasive and tends to chafe one's butt even when used in this fashion.

	No argument there.

Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: 15mm Traveller Minis on eBay