Prev: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149 Next: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

And a reply to needle beams on FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:08:54 EST
Subject: And a reply to needle beams on FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

Further comment below.
From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu,
Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com,FullThrust@yahoogroups.com
<snip>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:58:57 EST

From: FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:02:55 -0600
   From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@beol.net>
Subject: RE: Logic and Needle Beams

The PSB in the book is that the core systems are the inner-most systems
with
added protection. All other systems (sensors, weapons, engines, etc.)
are
closer to the surface of the ship. Weapons that hit the ship use up
energy
(kinetic or EM) in breaching the screens, armor, and/or hull. You,
basically, have to rip off about 1/2 the hull before you can penetrate
this inner, protected, area.

---
Brian Bell
<snip>

Okay, thanks.

Are there any other 'system specific' weapons that can select target
systems and are they also similarly affected - Yes, I know, sell off
some
of the miniatures and buy Fleet Book 1... <grin> in due time, there is a
flea market at a local Shop next month...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
<snip>

Okay, just what was the rationale/intended use of Needle Beams?
Disabling ship for boarding?  FireCon Killers?	Beam Battery Breakers?
Taken from a specific book/series genre?

I am looking for relatively uncommon weapons for those pesky Nektons of
mine.  I want something rather unique and I like the idea of an 'all or
nothing' system killer weapon.	The possibility of going for the warp
core of a Ralnai cruiser (Nektons are 'to the hilt' enemies of the
Ralnai) was an added extra.

Just how are Needle Beams used by more experienced players then myself
(which is most if not all of you)?

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!