Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

(SG) New GMS rounds

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:37:57 -0500
Subject: (SG) New GMS rounds

I know it's been discussed in the past, but I was just thinking, "Why
would
a force engaged in COIN carry missiles which the insurgents could use
(if
captured) to give them capabilities they don't already have?"  Or, to
put it
another way, what do you do with your missileer when youknow your
oponent
doesn't have any tanks?  (And yes, I'm know that someone may actually
have
tanks, even though your intel boys think they don't.)

GMS Rounds For Use Against Dispersed Targets

Anti-Personnel Air Burst (APAB) Missiles

APAB missiles are specialized anti-personnel rounds capable of being
fired
by guided missile systems.  They mimic the effects of artillery rounds
in
that each missile has a set burst radius and all targets within the
radius
are attacked.  The firing of an APAB is a separate action for a squad
and
cannot be combined with other shooting in a single action.  The firer
nominates a target point and must exceed the unit's Leadership level on
Guidance die roll in order to hit the nominated spot.  If the Leadership
level is not exceeded, find the impact point by using the On-Board
Artillery
scatter procedure (page 47 of the Stargrunt II rulebook).
	     Burst
Type	Radius	Impact
GMS/P	  2"	d8
GMS/L	  3"	d8
GMS/M	3"    d10
GMS/H	 4"    d10

High Explosive Armor Piercing Unguided (HEAPU) Missiles

HEAPU missiles are general-purpose rounds for use by personal and light
guided missile systems against vehicles in high ECM environments and
against
infantry.  HEAPU missiles utilize quicker-burning propellant and are
faster
than their guided counterparts.  GMS/P HEAPU are treated exactly as
IAVR,
while GMS/L are treated the same as IAVR except that FP is d12.  When
using
HEAPU, GMS systems can be fired with other squad weapons just like any
other
support weapon.  HEAPU are not available for GMS/M and /H systems.

Any thoughts regarding play balance, usefulness, etc?

Rob

Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149