Prev: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149 Next: And a reply to needle beams on FullThrust@yahoogroups.com

Forwarded "While we are talking books" message

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:58:57 EST
Subject: Forwarded "While we are talking books" message

From: Starguard@yahoogroups.com

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:28:57 -0800 (PST)
   From: Bolo Gunner <bolo_gunner@yahoo.com>
Subject: Book Review: The Last Legion

Hi All,
       I just finished reading the second book in
Chris Bunch's "The Last Legion" series. It is set in
the distant future in a vast Earth based intergalactic
empire in the slow process of falling. The worlds of
this empire are beset by enemies from without and
factions within, the majority of the population
completely unaware that the empire is slipping away.
      Enter the main charters a group of resent
recruits to the army sent to a back water planet at
the center of the collapse of the empire far from it's
seat of power.The story covers their trip to induction
and training in the forces. As well as a religious
terrorist movement, alien attack, pirates and brake
away planetary governments.
     The books are well written, great battle
sequences, with the feel of a Sci-fiwargame. It
reminds me of playing STARGAURD has that over all
mood to it.I recommend this series to anyone that
likes the classic style of Sci-fi, it was a great
read and scenario generator.

	  Bill

Anyone have a review of this too?

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!