Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: [CON] ECC IV - NEXT WEEK??

Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:52:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

At 08:20 PM 2/22/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Haldeman recently published "Forever Free", it's a sequel to Forever
War... and
>very odd. We may be seeing the start of a Late Haldeman period.
>But there's not much PA stuff in the book, and it's a Forever War
vintage
suit,
>not a new model. Still, and especially from the library, go ahead and
read
it.

I actually quite enjoyed the "thematic" sequel to _The Forever War_:
_The
Forever Peace_.  The "Soldierboys" are essentially remotely piloted
powered
armor, and would translate pretty easily into SGII.

When looking for this book, I found _Body Armor: 2000_ as well.  Edited
by
(of course) Joe Haldeman.  One of the early stories is a "history" of
PA,
and has some interesting pictures.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Powered Armor Reading List Next: [CON] ECC IV - NEXT WEEK??