Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

Re: Powered Armor Reading List

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:44:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:38:38 -0600, "Mark A. Siefert"
<siefertma@wauknet.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone
>else can think of some other military sci-fi novels where powered armor
>plays a prominent role?

Hmmm. You WOULD ask after I packed up my paperbacks!

There are a number of PA stories in Jerry Pournelle's "There Will Be
War"
anthology series. The whole series is worth reading, anyway (9 volumes,
think, again they are packed). There was a good story complete with
diagrams
that showed a fictional progression of tanks from something close to
what we
have today to essentially ultra powerful PA. There were a number of PA
like
stories.

There are a couple of military sections in Dan Simmons' "Hyperion". It's
good book, I really enjoyed the first two (haven't read the third) but
I'm not
sure it's what you want.

That's all I can think off the top of my head. If you really want a
list, I
can ask my friend Lorna and have her go through the library on a
research
mission... That's what they are there for. Just be prepared for a HUGE
list.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Powered Armor Reading List