Prev: Re: Skiffy was: Childish things was Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <webmaster@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:10:04 +1100
Subject: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

---
    That's something else I've noticed in this day and age:  The
downright
hostility toward hobbies of anykind.  Gamers like ourselves, stamp
collectors, models builders, amatuer historians, fly fishers, and other
esoteric pursuits have probably heard the phrase "get a life" more than
once.  Just what, pray tell, I am SUPPOSED to be doing when I'm not
sleeping
or working to fed, clothe, and shelter myself?
---

Consider this: someone who is passionate about their chosen recreation,
who
goes out every weekend to get together with a group of friends who are
also
passionate about the same recreation, who collect information and do
research and have vocal discussions/arguments with people of opposing
views,
who spend lots of money following their recreation, and enjoy it
immensely.

What am I talking about? No, not a gamer. YI'm talking about your
average
sports fan.

Think about that.

JS
---
Jeremy Sadler
Webmaster

Prev: Re: Skiffy was: Childish things was Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing