Prev: Re: [OT]: GROPOS Next: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: [DS] Vehicle Creation Questions

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:29:45 +1100
Subject: Re: [DS] Vehicle Creation Questions

Andrew Martin wrote:
>I'd disagree slightly.
>     One fire control per weapon system that needs it. GMS has a built
in
>fire control system.

In our DS2 games we have anti-tank vehicles with multiple GMS systems,
they
can engage targets equal in number to the number of GMS systems onboard.

The rationale for this is the GMS are fire and forget so the gunner
designates a target, fires and missile and 'forgets about it' moving on
the next target. Originally a 'firer systems down' chit affected the
firing
vehicle, but since the guidance system is in the missile and no longer
attached the firing vehicle we now have the chit result effecting only
the
missile (it's a dud).

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [OT]: GROPOS Next: Re: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing