Prev: Re: [DS] Vehicle Creation Questions Next: Re: Re:Childish things

Re: More Thrust and FB Ships

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:40:17 +1100
Subject: Re: More Thrust and FB Ships

G'day,

 >The inability of Phalon pulsers to act as
 >PD in all arcs unless it is set up that way
 >is a fatal weakness for them.

Makes for some interesting comments too.... <no no must be good>

Its also why when fighters are about you'll see Phalon capitals down
here
flying in fairly tight formation with a DD behind or on the side facing
back the other way, so that those embarrassing gaps in the arcs of
protection are covered.

It gets hairer in Phalon vs Phalon where being in tight formation can
have
its down-sides too.

It can definitely make for some quite interesting changes in fighter
movement too - from "straight in" to "lets wander over here far enough
that
we may possible find an exposed rear", oops aft ..... I was trying to be

good wasn't I?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [DS] Vehicle Creation Questions Next: Re: Re:Childish things