Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: (OT) Sadistic pleasure was; RE: FMAS names

Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:02:59 -0600
Subject: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beth Fulton" <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 12:10 AM

> >gamer-turned-fundementalist uncle
>  >would bring up, right along with the whole
>  >"gaming is SATANIC" mantra.
>
> Hey you got one of those too! Well mine's my Dad.....
> On the upside Mark it should be easier to avoid Uncles than fathers ;)

    Except on holidays.  Last Christmas Eve, I went over to my mother's
place to have dinner and exchange gifts, and sure enough, Uncle Scott
was
there.	I had brought my Gear Krieg rulebook to read during the more
boring
parts of the evening's festivities.  His eyes shot daggers at me when he
found out what the book was.

> Who's decided she's just not having that argument with her parents
AGAIN!!! ;)

    Although my Dad is somewhat religious, and pretty conservative, he
is no
where near the level ecclesiastic zeal that my Uncle Scott reaches.
(BTW,
he's my mother's brother, not my father's.) Unlike my Uncle,  Dad never
feared that my gaming would condemn my soul to Perdition, he just
thought is
was weird.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

       "Live each day as if it were your last. It's an extremely
 stressful way to live, but it does motivate a person."

     --Michael J. Nelson
       "Life 101"

E-MAIL: siefertma@wauknet.com	WWW: http://www.homegame.org/siefert

Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: (OT) Sadistic pleasure was; RE: FMAS names