Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:51:12 -0600
Subject: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

***
>to just a waste of time and space

    That's something else I've noticed in this day and age:  The
downright
hostility toward hobbies of anykind.  Gamers like ourselves, stamp
collectors, models builders, amatuer historians, fly fishers, and other
esoteric pursuits have probably heard the phrase "get a life" more than
once.  Just what, pray tell, I am SUPPOSED to be doing when I'm not
sleeping
or working to fed, clothe, and shelter myself?
***

Relax, Mark. I meant it when 'she had a point'. And, she's NEVER
actually
called it a waste of time, just that she hates the clutter of my
unorganized storage of games and materials takes up in 'her house'.
While
some will recognize the refrain as being painfully close to home, I
think
many would agree with her if they saw my 'mess'.

She actually cherishes the freedom I give her to do her writing,
occasionally locked out of her home office for hours, or feeding the
infernal froo-froo dog while she's away at a writers retreat.

In the final analysis, we're a couple of old batchelors that respect
each
other's space and manias. WELL matched, indeed.

Speaking of which... ;->=

Please view:
http://www.mysterynet.com/twist/twist200/twist200-1.shtml

or:
http://www.mysterynet.com/twist
and click on Previous Twist.

Prev: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re:Childish things was Re: That Age Thing