Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re: That Age Thing

Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:29:25 -0600
Subject: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn M Wilson" <triphibious@juno.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 9:27 PM
Subject: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:05:26 -0600 "Mark A. Siefert"
> <siefertma@wauknet.com> writes:
> <snip>
> >    I have just one question:  What's the age limit on having a good
> >time in
> >this society?  Where is does it say (beside that stupid St. Paul
> >quote) that
> >I can't have a little "childish" fun?    Huh.... HUH!!!  ANSWER ME!
> ><sob.... sob....>
> >
> >Later,
> >Mark A. Siefert
> So, in summation, if there is some jerk using twisted scripture to
bash
> your over the head about war games ('playing with toys') I suggest you
> refer him to the God who created us to see the honor in the sacrifice
for
> God, King and Country (not necessarily all three at once) and the pure
> love of those you defend.  And if it seldom achieves that level in
real
> terms that is because we are imperfect in our current state not
because
> the model is wrong.  If Jesus hung around drunks, tax collectors and
> prostitutes then I should have no fear about hanging around war gamers
> (Historical, Science Fiction or even /Fantasy/.)

    I brought up the Saul of Tarsis quote only because it was the only
place
anyone had written anything about "childishness" that I could think of
at
the time.  However, it does sound like something my
gamer-turned-fundementalist uncle would bring up, right along with the
whole
"gaming is SATANIC" mantra.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

       "Live each day as if it were your last. It's an extremely
 stressful way to live, but it does motivate a person."

     --Michael J. Nelson
       "Life 101"

E-MAIL: siefertma@wauknet.com	WWW: http://www.homegame.org/siefert

Prev: Re: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: Re: That Age Thing