Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: [SG] Potential Casualties resolution and more s****d questions

From: "Magnus Alexandersson" <magnus.alexandersson@s...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:40:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Potential Casualties resolution and more s****d questions

----- Original Message -----
From: <agoodall@canada.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [SG] Potential Casualties resolution

> On Mon, 19 February 2001, "Magnus Alexandersson" wrote:
>
> Hi, Magnus.
>
> First off, your e-mailer is sending e-mail in HTML format. You may
want to turn that off.

Yes, I had a fresh install and forgot, I run Linux part time so I know
1) The RTF-problem, 2) Bandwidth issues... =)

BTW, you might want to wrap your lines... =P

> > When you have rolled and gotten say 2 potential
> > casualties do you roll All impact dices(SAWs +
> > Squad weaponry) against the armour/cover/IP die per inflicted hit,
twice in
> > this case?
>
> No. And it's actually stated somewhere in the rules, but what you do
is you ONLY
> roll the impact die of the squad weaponry. The SAWs added firepower,
but you
> do not use the impact die of the SAWs. So, there's only one roll per
casualty inflicted.

Ok, so the use of SAWs are only useful when providing extra firepower,
not actual kills
or impacts.

How about having a PIG in the squad, can it too lend it's firepower when
firing as a squad?

> > When fired upon, does the squad get a
> > suppression marker _or_ a potential casualties or is it supp marker
_and_
> > potential casualties. That is, is the only time you get a supp
marker as
> > marked in the rules book under fire resolution? (Hit, but no
potential
> > casualties
>
> If the attacker's dice do not beat the defender's range die, nothing
happens. The fire was inconsequential, missed, whatever.

> If 1 of the attacker's dice beats the defender's range die, the
defender gets a suppression marker.

> If 2 or more of the attacker's dice beat the defender's range die, the
defender gets a suppression marker AND there are potential casualties.
You roll for potential casualties. If the squad leader fails his armour
roll and because a casualty, the squad gets ANOTHER suppression marker
(this last bit is buried on page 10).

So there is just two chances during firefight to actually get a
suppression marker? OK.

Well... We'll play some more and I'll get back to you.

///magnus
http://slaveone.cjb.net

Prev: Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: FMAS names