Prev: Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:57:35 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 2:03 AM

> G'day Bif,
>
> I haven't had a chance to look over your ideas as yet, but was
wondering
if
> all classes in version (1) all use the same "cone of fire" template
and if
> in version (2) you meant they only hit one ship/

For (1) I meant it to use normal wave gun templates, but at different
dammage potentials, depending on the class of the wave gun (whom soever
sugessted this originally, please reply/repost this so people know what
I`m
refering to). For (2), I meant it as a kind of B5 type beam gun, that
could
be focused to hit only one ship, or used as a normal wave gun (or maybe
gun that could only be used as a direct fire, single target gun but with
high dammage potential).

>  >I know if they were allowed as standard,
>  >they would probably become standard
>  >fit on capitol ships <HE,HE>).
>
> I'd doubt that actually ;)
> You have to power them up, they cost a lot and weigh a fair bit (as
far as
> I can remember) and they effect what other systems can fire, its just
not
> worth the effort in most cases.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

> Elizabeth Fulton
> c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
> GPO Box 1538
> HOBART
> TASMANIA 7001
> AUSTRALIA
> Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
> Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053
>
> email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

well, they would become standard fit on my ships anyway. the BIGGER
classes
of guns would become used for the gun platforms. I`ll post my idea for
the
valient class strike carriers sometime, with it`s wavegun, p.torps and
large
fighter compliment. it maybe expensive, but it is deadly.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun Next: Re: FMAS names