Prev: RE: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive Next: RE: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:48:56 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-Weapon idea for wave gun

----- Original Message -----
From: Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 5:50 AM

> BIF said:
> >  >I know if they [Wave Guns] were allowed as standard,
> >  >they would probably become standard
> >  >fit on capitol ships <HE,HE>).
>
> Beth said
> > I'd doubt that actually ;)
> > You have to power them up, they cost a lot and weigh a fair bit (as
> far as
> > I can remember) and they effect what other systems can fire, its
> just not
> > worth the effort in most cases.
>
> I agree with Beth.  Wave Guns as written would do best in a
> cruiser--actually several cruisers with overlapping fire.  Below are
> specs for the Alarishi Empire's wave-gun system defense vessels:

Snip wave cruiser bit-
I see wave guns on capitol ships as a very good way to take out multipul
small suicide type ships that some people use to take out large capitols
with overwhelming numbers. Can`t think whom to I`m refering <G>.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: RE: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive Next: RE: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive