Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names

Re: FMAS names

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:38:13 -0600
Subject: Re: FMAS names

***
Firefight is an SF skirmish game by Alternative Armies, not modern era.
Or at least there is one SF skirmish game by AA called "Firefight";
there are probably other games of that name as well <g>
***

Thanks for saving me the trouble of digging in the basement. I was
thinking
AA, but suddenly feared old-man's-memory. ;->=

Course, there was also an SPI mod war game, companion to City Fight. And
WEG had a Fire Team, I think.

Those are box games, but Engage! was mentioned, and I think that was a
micro Armo(u)r, perhaps by WRG. Maybe also a Napoleonics. I've seen a
naval
miniatures book set called In Harm's Way.

Getting DARN tricky, now that the hobby has had several 'renaissance's.
still find myself getting confused 'tween mentions of Starguard and
Stargrunt.

I agree with Jeremy that trying hard to infuse a future genre in the
name
is good, and further, I'd like to keep it to two word of one syllable
for
continuity, but everything I come up with breaks my own rules. Las Knife
Fight, anything that ends in Skirmish, etc.

I'm wishing Stargrunt had been Starsquad first... ;->=

Prev: Re: FMAS names Next: Re: FMAS names