Prev: Re: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules Next: [FT] fighter movement

Re: [FT] fighter movement

From: "Jeremy Seeley" <jbs@A...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:56:42 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] fighter movement

> In FT, fighters that launch do so at the midpoint of their carrier's
> movement, and fighters moved after ships.
> In MT and thereafter, fighters move before ships.
> Therefore, when you launch fighters, do you do so:
> a)  from where the ship starts and give them a full move (if so, why
> can't the ship maneuver)?
> b) at the midpoint (if so do they get a full move? half move? no move,
> since fighters have already moved)?
> c) at the end point (and give them no move)?
> No matter what you do, I assume they get option for a secondary move,
> if they want.

Good question.	I would assume that in this case it is that the fighters
were launched at the start of the turn, so (a) is most valid.  Perhaps
it is
not that the ship doesn't maneuver, it is only to keep things simple (if
you
break a turn down into segments and do ACTUAL simultaneous movement, as
per
something like Star Fleet Battles, it makes the game VERY boring).

So, in short, answer (a), for the simple reason of KISS (Keep it Simple,
Stupid)

Prev: Re: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules Next: [FT] fighter movement