Prev: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:39:08 GMT
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

In message
<9DB05BB477A8D111AF3F00805F5730100D100833@exchange01.dscc.dla.mil>
	  "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:

[snip]
> > [Oerjan]
> >
> > Keep it simple. The rules say that "A deployed shroud acts like a
> > level-2 screen against all energy weapon attacks, ...", so unless
you
> > describe the EMP pulse as not being energy <g> or the SM-EMP rule is
> > *very* emphatic that the shrouds don't work against it they should
work
> > against it. (And even if the rule *is* very emphatic many of the
> > players will miss that and count shrouds as level-2 screens
anyway...)

> [Bri] So Pulse Torpedos are not energy weapons (ala Photon Torpedos)?
The
> rules do not describe the P-Torp, so I guess it depends on the PSB you
> choose.

<trek-tech hat on>Photon Torpedos are actually missiles<trek tech hat
off><pedantic>anyway, the vapour shroud acts as a level 2 screens vs.
all energy weapons, pulse torps are not affected by level 2 screens, so
if they are energy weapons, the vapour shroud has the same effect on
them that a level 2 screen would have, i.e. nothing </pedantic>but of
cause, in _your_ game, a pulse torp can be whatever you want it to be
:-)

[snip]

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: Re: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules