Prev: RE: [FT] UNSC DD and a tip from DLD Next: RE: Re;Re-Reenforced hulls

Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix!

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:23:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Pendraken 10mm SST Mini Pix!

In message <20010216.200158.6631.0.triphibious@juno.com>, Glenn M Wilson
writes
:
> >10mm?  Is there a lot of 10mm Sci-Fi gaming?  Why don't these people
> >invest their time and energy in a scale more people play, like 15mm?
> >Ah well...it looks like the bugs would fit in 15mm pretty decently.
>
> Uh, nice patronizing tone.  And no, I am not "<grinning>" since it
> seems pretty clear you are dismissing the 10mm gamers as
> 'marginalized'.  If I mis-read you Andy (and it's easy on the
> written word) then tell me and I will apologize.  But it certainly
> comes over that way...

I guess you took it much less sarcastically than I meant it, but the
sentiment is correct.  I don't care what scale people play in, nor do
I wish to stop any innovation or diversity in the hobby.  At the same
time, it's disappointing to find what you'd like to see in a scale you
actually play to be created in a very, very niche scale-- I have to
say, I've never even heard of anyone playing 10mm Sci-Fi anything,
much less seen any play.  Perhaps this is why, as I stated, the

Prev: RE: [FT] UNSC DD and a tip from DLD Next: RE: Re;Re-Reenforced hulls