Prev: Re: General EMP Thoughts Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2 and General EMP

Re: Re;Re-Reenforced hulls

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:58:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Re;Re-Reenforced hulls

>  My proposal doesn`t actually increase the number
>of hull dp, just redistrebutes them, making it harder to get the first
>threshold check, but each following hull check requires less dammage
per row
>(although more if counting from the first row).

Oh I get that bit. What I was saying is that 16 DP in the first row
and 7 in the lower rows is excessive. It is taking TOO much advantage
of a mechanic foible.

Using your ship of 16/9/8/7 = 40 Hull

I would say that a scheme of 12/12/8/8 or 11/11/9/9 might be more
realistic.

However, a GENERAL system could be developed, similar to the Phalon
armor system that would vary the cost of the hull according to where
it was put. Such as(pulling numbers out of my tuckus):

Every box moved to the first row, POINT COST = 8
Every box moved UP to the second row, POINT COST = 6
Every box moved UP to the third row, POINT COST = 4
All MASS remains the same.

Prev: Re: General EMP Thoughts Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2 and General EMP