Prev: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: RE: [FT] UNSC DD

RE: [FT] UNSC DD

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:17:00 +0000
Subject: RE: [FT] UNSC DD

>No. It does not sound exactly like that. This is boxy with 2 stubby
wings.
>It has a circular receptacle on the back that acts as engine cowling or
>would fit the CL engine pod (but engine pod was not included).

When you say it has "wings", do you mean solid side pieces (squarish
"sponsons)"  or struts ending in small pods? If the latter, then this
isn't
the DD; it is the Patrol Cutter type 2. If it's the former (and there is
noticeable cutout in the bottom of the hull, with a drilled hole in the
centre of the cutout) then it sounds like it's the DD forward hull minus
the engine pod and weapons unit.

>When I got them, I thought that they should have an engine pod (as they
are
>a little small in comparison with other DDs [larger than Walburgs]).
But as
>I said, I double-checked with KR (GeoHex), and he indicated that the
>Destroyer was one piece. I know that it is not the Battle Corvette (see
>http://www.geohex.com/vift1103.htm) or Type 1 Patrol Cutter/Frigate
(see
>http://www.geohex.com/vift1104.htm). GeoHex, Eureka, and the GZG Online
>Catalog do not have pictures for the Type 2 Patrol Cutter/Frigate or
the
>Destroyer.
>
>If you have pictures of these, please post a link. Thanks!

There SHOULD be a pic of the DD on the online cat site - there is a pic
of
the smaller UN ships, including the 1104, 1105,1106, 1108 and 1110; the
1105 DD is the ship at centre bottom of the pic. If you can find this,
see
if the front half of that looks like what you have.....

Jon (GZG)