Prev: Re: Sorry/Garbage... Next: Re: MT Missile Question

Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

From: s666@f...
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:19:46 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Mini Pictures

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Casquilho, Daniel wrote:

<snip>

> I have seen many companies just rest on their "milk cows" and fail to
> keep their products vital and fresh. Look at Battletech for an
example.
> Good game, nice miniatures, loyal fan base, and stagnant growth. The
> game has entered a down turn because of a failure to market and push
> for growth. What was the last major change or major release for
> Battletech? The clans? And how long ago was that?

I don't know about you, but the release of the Clans was the reason I
STOPPED playing Battletech. The munchiness of their weapons was just too
much for me. I have since gotten back into it, but I try and refrain
from
playing anything but the original mechs and vehicles.

> GW does understand the need for marketing. They understand they need
> both customer loyalty and customer based proselytizing. It is the
> excitement that GW builds within the 12-16 year old market that is
> driving most of their sales. GW is looking to grow and thus they
> understand that you need to kill off products that are not selling
> and revamp the ones that might. We as older players may not like the
> "new editions" but the fact remains that a tree that is pruned
> grows better.

I just don't play the new stuff. I have the original Space Hulk and
expansions. Never bothered dropping another hundred bucks on more stuff
that was merely repackaged. Same with Epic. Of course, it didn't help
that
my $300 worth of figs disappeared when the guy I loaned them to dropped
off of the face of the planet. But that's another story.

Prev: Re: Sorry/Garbage... Next: Re: MT Missile Question