Prev: RE: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats? Next: RE: MT Missile Question

RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:03:19 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Beth Fulton [SMTP:beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au]
> Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 8:15 PM
> To:	gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
> Subject:	Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons
>
> G'day guys,

[snip]

>  >Ion Pulse Weapon (IPW)
[Beth] I like this idea, though I'd make it more expensive.... and once
again if
> we could get away from the list I'd like it even more!

[Bri] I understand not wanting the list. The problem without a set way
figure threshold checks (when we stop checking before all systems are
checked), is that everyone will start checking on the systems that are
least
valuable at the time. I.e. if there are no fighters or salvo missiles,
the
PDS would get checked for first, then the Class-1s, etc.  This
effectively
gives larger ships "armor" against this attack, as they would have more
of
the less valuable systems. You could just state "from most massive to
least
massive" or "from most expensive to least expensive", but then you would
have to figure out on the fly if that screen or Class-4 Beam is more
expensive on the SDN. I tried to make it a logical progression, but not
have
the less valuable systems take the brunt of the effect. Perhaps the list
should be shortened:
1) Electronics and Engines (Screens, FCS, Sensors, etc. and Normal and
FTL
engines)
2) Weapons & Point Defense
3) Bays/Hangers
and drop the Core checks.

Prev: RE: [FT] One-shot Pulse Torpedos -- any playtested stats? Next: RE: MT Missile Question