Prev: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:14:55 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

G'day guys,

 >EMP Weapons:
 >=============
 >Ion Cannon [Dean Gundberg] (Star Ranger's Crossover Web Page)
 >
 >Mass and cost same as Class 2 Beam. Symbol is Beam symbol with "I"
instead
 >of number. Range 0-10" roll 2d6, 10-20" roll 1d6 - beam dice. Each
"hit" is
 >not marked off the damage track but instead is the number of threshold
rolls
 >the target ship must perform.

I don't mind this idea as the potential is limited, but if we could
replace
the need for a list somehow. The cost might be a little low though?

 >EMP Mine [Paul Wellman] (Sam Penn's Website)

I'm not a fan of you hit you test all systems, unless there is some
mechanic mimicking how hard it is to get to a threshold check (like
Charles' idea).

 >Pulse Cannon [Paul Wellman] (Sam Penn's Website)

Bit long ranged I would've thought and again its got the hit everything
issue.

 >Scrambler Pulse [Noam Izenberg]
 >Effect: As EMP Missile. Can target Missiles and Fighters

Don't mind the intercept idea, but its also got the effect all systems
question.

 >Temporal Distortion Gun [Noam Izenberg]
 >(Oerjan) Extra paperwork to keep track of which systems are downed
 >temporarily and will "autorepair" at the end of the *next* turn.

I'm with Oerjan on this one.

 >Powerleech Missile [Noam Izenberg]
 >Up to 3 systems total can fail. threshold order dictated by firing
player -
 >stop check when total is reached. Even if no threshold fails, the
threshold
 >level of the target is increased by 1. I.e. if the 1st row of boxes is
 >finished, roll threshold as if the 2nd row had been finished.

I'd drop the automatic threshold increase bit, but the first bit sounds
promising.

 >Ion Pulse Weapon (IPW)
I like this idea, though I'd make it more expensive.... and once again
if
we could get away from the list I'd like it even more!

Just my 2 razoos worth

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons Next: RE: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons