Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: [OT] Chaos Androids

Re: [OT] Chaos Androids

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:08:52 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT] Chaos Androids

> They were in the Space Marine plastic box for Chaos; b**t-load of
other
> 'epic' scale, most of them probably of little interest to you. Can't
say
if
> there was an Epic40K box, and if it had any.

Actually, on the "Stompas" sprue, not the "Chaos" one. And they'd
disappeared
before E40k.

> As far as I can tell, the Necrons are based on those and the 28mm CA's
that
> were in the Space Crusade. I don't recall seeing any metal CA's, but
> wouldn't shock me.
>
> Sorry for waxing nostalgic, but, while never a fan-boy, I think GW
could
do
> things right once in awhile. The marketing pretty much always made me
puke,
> though.

Agree on both points. The old 6mm vanilla marines make great powered
armout
figs in great quantities. I use em for OGRE amongst other things.

And the Eldar Gravtanks - the plastic ones that were dirt cheap - look
really good
as either spaceships or gravtanks with spinal mounts. The new (vastly
more
expensive
and metal) versions have a completely different look - still OK, but in
different way.

I should really make a gallery of some of the old GW stuff while it's
still
to be found

Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: [OT] Chaos Androids