Prev: IF ship photos Next: Re: OT-Wrong port arthur

Re: OT-Wrong port arthur

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:49:36 +0100
Subject: Re: OT-Wrong port arthur

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 3:36 PM

> From: "Allan Goodall" <awg@sympatico.ca>
> > >Well, about 1980 it was revealed that a Japanese torpedo boat
tender
> > >was known to be operating in the area at the time, with the UK
> government's

Though this exchange is well off-topic I have followed it with
considearbly
interest. It has reminded me of a German book "Tsushima" (Author escapes
me)
which I read when I was in school. It was one of the first military
history
books I read and I found it fascinating. Well written (not too common in
German history book) it told the epic story of that Russian fleet with
lots
of details about the voyage.

Was well before the torpedo boat revelations, though - I was young at
that
time ;-)

Prev: IF ship photos Next: Re: OT-Wrong port arthur