Prev: Re: photo catalog was: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: [OT]Every Man a Tiger

Re: [FT] Gravity

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:06:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Gravity

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> If you have a 0 thrust station in orbit (let's say at 10mu radius from
> center), how should you play it to have the station orbit without
> crashing?
>
> So. What "gravity effects" (turning and/or accelerations) do you
> apply, at what point during the turn (start, end, midpoint) to make an
> unpowered orbit?

Keep it simple. For an unpowered cricular orbit, I would suggest the
following:

Define orbital radius, and calculate orbital velocity, or, better, orbit
period and relate to your game scale to get the number of game turns per
orbit.Round to a whole number N of game turns.

Draw a circle or polygon on the table, divide into N sectors and move
one
sector per turn.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: photo catalog was: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: [OT]Every Man a Tiger