Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: Cold Wars & ECC

Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 18:20:47 -0500
Subject: Re: SMLs, fire control & arcs

Chris DeBoe wrote:

> > The question is: How many FireCons are needed
> > to launch SLMs and SRMs?
>
> One working FCS will suffice for any number of MT missiles and/or SML;
the
> same FCS may be used for direct-fire (eg beam) weapons as well.

If this is true, why does the Foch class SDN have five FCS's.  It has
almost as
many FCS as beams.  If it is not actually written anywhere, I would use
the
rules for energy mines from the Bab5 Earthforce supplement: One FCS is
needed
to launch a group of SM's.  A group is all SM salvoes in a 6mu circle.
FCS

Prev: Re: 6-10mm ST Bugs Next: Re: Cold Wars & ECC