Prev: [FT] Devourers Next: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain

[FT] PBC, GPL

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:44:15 -0500
Subject: [FT] PBC, GPL

A Normal PBC masses 2.5 Times a P-torp.
Here's how the damage stats go (from quick calcs. Please forgive if I
err in
my analysis):

Range Avg. Dam. 2.5xTorp	3xTorp		PBC
0-6"		7.3		8.75		6.33
6-12"		5.8		7		6.33
12"-18" 	4.4		5.25		4.22
18"-24" 	2.9		3.5		4.22
24"30"		1.5		1.75		2.11
30-36"		0				2.11

The PBC is overpowered, especially at long ranges. I don't think the
cost
compensates.
Putting cost and mass the same as 3xP-torp might be better, but I think
the
outer range bands give the PBC an edge over P-torps higher short range
damage, so Normal PBC looks better to me as MASS: 12+3/arc, Cost 4xMass.

If you want a "heavy gun" to simulate WW warships, another, possibly
simpler
option is to group 2+P-torps or the "light" or "heavy" P-torp versions)
together as a single system and give it a new name without adding new
damage
determination methods.

As for the GPL, it acts as a specialized (Based on PSB) threshold weapon
-as
dangerous to use as to be targeted by. The laundry list of systems
affected
makes it complex to use, IMO, and doesn't include the primary gravitic
systems used in FT (at least by Canon PSB): Main Drive.

Noam

Prev: [FT] Devourers Next: Re: Counter terrorism FMA was Alien terrain