Prev: Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain Next: FT-AF SMLs

FT-AF SML

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 07:28:46 -0000
Subject: FT-AF SML

Noam asked me about Anti Fighter rounds for SML`s discussed on the list
recently, and checking through the records I`ve got, it was just before
xmas, under a title of more weapon concept questions on the 19/12/00 (by
me), and the last entry, under af-sml, was on the 24/12/00 (I think).
The
only reason I`m posting this to the list, instead of replying directly,
is
to ensure I`ve got the results/concensus of the discusion right.

To summerise-
AF SMLs (or AFHAWKS)
Mass=1
Cost=3
DP=nil (against ships)
Range=12 MU
Intercepts fighters through using a high powered, but short endurance
drive,
with a powerful seeking electronics and a light warhead, that makes it
incapable of dammaging a starship, but capable of
intercepting/destroying a
fighter. Fired through the arcs of the sml launcher used, and can only
be
used in them arcs only. Intercepting fighters rolls either 6D6 (1 per
fighter, intercepts as per PDS), OR roll 1D6, number rolled equals
number of
fighters intercepted, same as KV scattergun packs. Used in pds phase,
like
normal pds, and can be used in area defence mode, without a adfcon, upto
it`s range (ie-not only limited to intercepting fighters attacking ship
mounting af-sml). Can only be used by a sml that has not fired a
anti-ship
round that turn.

I think this was the end result, though not sure, hence this post, so
people
can reply and correct anything I`ve got wrong <G>.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [Semi-OT] Making alien terrain Next: FT-AF SMLs