Prev: re:FT-Help with new weapons Next: Re: FT-Help needed with new weapons

FT-UN starships, and improved hulls

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:32:00 -0000
Subject: FT-UN starships, and improved hulls

Another idea for the skunk works I proposed a while ago, and heard
nothing
about, is improved hulls for the UN ships.

Reenforced hull

I heard a lot of discusion about UN ships having a strong hull for the
mass
of a normal hull. Because a hull now has no set strength other than a
minimum of 10%, how about this system instead?-
mass/dp as normal, but a cost of x3.
1 dp removed from 2nd row and added to the first row, +2cost
2 dp removed from 3rd row and added to the first row, +3cost
3 dp removed from 4th row and added to the first row, +4cost
This would make the ships harder to threshold check for the first
threshold,
but more vulnerable as the dammage increases. For example-
Normal ship-40DP hull, cost=80
1st row=10DP
2nd row=10DP
3rd row=10DP
4th row=10DP
Reenforced ship-40DP hull, cost=129
1st row=16DP
2nd row=9DP
3rd row=8DP
4th row=7DP
The cost are just a rough guess off the top of my head, but you could
have
double the DP`s moved to the first row for x4 hull cost etc.

I`m reposting this because I don`t think I got any replies the last
time,
and I want to see what people think. Also, the weapons archive has
caused me
to dig up some of my older or wakier ideas.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: re:FT-Help with new weapons Next: Re: FT-Help needed with new weapons