Prev: Re: [OT] modelling Q Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q

Re: FT-HET Laers

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:56:48 GMT
Subject: Re: FT-HET Laers

In message <200101302128.WAA14148@d1o960.telia.com>
	  "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

[snip]

> My favourite "stopped by screens but not by armour" is a "generic EMP"

> direct-fire weapon - call them "Ion Cannon", "Minbary Wonder Beam" or
> whatever (yes, I *know* Star Wars Ion Cannon aren't affected by beams,
								  ^^^^^
er.. do you mean screens here? it might be interesting to have a look at
the 'turbolaser commentries' website (I've forgotten the URL, but I
think www.babtech.com links to it - same author) - where the auther has
analysed the ion cannon sequence from SW Episode 5, and noticed that it
does appear to interact with an invisible screen before striking the
star destroyer hull - so icon cannon _may_ be affected by screens, in
contadiction to what many of the various SW tech books say.

> but the MT EMP missiles are) - doesn't inflict *any* hull or armour
> damage, but takes out random weapons and other systems.

> Another fun system is the Star Trek-style transporters, used to beam
> boarding parties onto the target vessel - any Trekkie knows that
> transporters don't work through shields! Requires better boarding
> combat rules than those in MT though :-/
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson

Well, I have some prototype stats for a 'matter transmitter' based
weapon, but its more like a varient Salvo missile launcher/plasma bolt
launcher type weapon, - but it still needs a bit of work - it could do
other things as well.

Prev: Re: [OT] modelling Q Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q