Prev: RE: Starship sizes Next: Re: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings

RE: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:38:34 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] GW Lord of the Rings

My big fear is that the game will be magic heavy. Tolkien had a
wonderfully
subtle magic. No fireballs, lightning bolts, death spells. Most of the
magic
was infused into objects, IIRC. The exceptions I remember are: 1)
Gandalf
adding horses to the foam on a released river. 2) The imprisonment of
Gandalf (hmmm. I can't remember if the BOOKS had stated if he was
imprisoned
by a spell or not. The cartoon movie did). All the other uses of magic
that
I remember were done with or through objects (fireworks, swords, armor,
crystal balls, rings, etc.).

Perhaps we should take another look at FMA Skirmish or Stargrunt II with
medieval extensions.

And, yes, I do fear a 28mm Gandalf with each bicep bigger than his head.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
-----