Prev: RE: Kinetic Shields Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q

Re: [OT] modelling Q

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:27 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] modelling Q

In a message dated 1/30/01 3:52:21 PM Central Standard Time,
tomb@bitheads.com writes:

> Also seeking suggestion on tree basing. Right now, I'm using circles
of
> cardboard about 3" across painted green, but they are kind of thick
and
> _not_ bottom weighted. I'm mounting 6" pine trees. I'd ideally like to
get
> something with a bit of weight (lead?) that is about the same
dimension that
> I could then prime and flock easily... any idea if anyone makes such a

Try cutting bases for MULTIPLE trees in random shapes with two or three
trees
on each bases. You can define the tree area as everything enclosed by
the
outer dimensions of the tree bases. That wasy you can move the multiple
trees
around in side the areas without always knocking them over as you move
units
around, just twist the base or fudge it over an inch or two. The total
dimension of the forest hasn';t changed at all, and there are not
toppled
trees littering the table.

Prev: RE: Kinetic Shields Next: Re: [OT] modelling Q