Prev: RE: [sg] Mechanized Cavalry Next: Re: FT-HET Laers

[OT] modelling Q

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:51:29 -0500
Subject: [OT] modelling Q

To any scratchbuilders out there.... any suggestions of how to (even
remotely) simulate (in 25mm) a disintegrating link ammo belt? I've got
an
HMG stand or two (House Kurita HMG with crew) for which ammo boxes are
supplied, but it doesn't seen they are meant to attach to the side of
the MG
(besides, the MG is too fragile to have such a big box installed high up
the
side....). So I want to simulate (somehow) a link belt (heck, even
something
flexible I can paint to look like a sealed flexible feeder from the
box/cassette to the weapon would do).

Ideas?

Also seeking suggestion on tree basing. Right now, I'm using circles of
cardboard about 3" across painted green, but they are kind of thick and
_not_ bottom weighted. I'm mounting 6" pine trees. I'd ideally like to
get
something with a bit of weight (lead?) that is about the same dimension
that
I could then prime and flock easily... any idea if anyone makes such a
beast?

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

2001: To the New Millenium! The next thousand years
are MINE.

Prev: RE: [sg] Mechanized Cavalry Next: Re: FT-HET Laers