Prev: Re: [SG2] for15mm : possible fighter aircraft kit? Next: Legions of Steel

Scales

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:24:36 -0500
Subject: Scales

Rob Paul (in addition to a hilarious starting piece) said:

It makes me so angry I could strangle a manatee in the nude.

Never one to question a man's hobbies, I nonetheless could not resist a
comment.

The comment: "Strangling the manatee? Is that what they're calling it
now?".

<Bad Tom.... I'll sit quietly and wait for the Narns>

My own pet peeve: I set one of (I think) GWs human IG figures (older
ones)
next to a NAC figure from Jon. The GW figure was on a plastic hex slotta
and
the GZG on a Canadian penny. They were both the same height. However,
bulk
differed. Note, this GW was not from the later "I'm Humungo" class - he
was
burly, but not musclebound like the Future Wars figures or later GW
figs.
But the thing that got me was the bulk of the figures was so
different...
they were both the same height from boots to eyes or crown of head, but
they
was probably 50-75% more bulk in the GW figure. The GZG NAC figure
looked
like I could bend the legs easily. Not so the GW figure. Then I compared
an
OUDF figure and had something in between. So it isn't just figure
"height",
but "bulk" as well, and I have no idea how that is described....

By the way, no one has mentioned SI or metric. We keep talking about 6'
guys. What about 2m or 1.83m humans? Of a standard 70 kg mass? Add
metric
into consideration and one is forced to conclude that the Narns will be
very
busy while we sort this out.... it'd be much easier if Jon would just
annex
GW and we could get everything into a decent scale (Jon's version of
25mm...).

:)

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

2001: To the New Millenium! The next thousand years
are MINE.

Prev: Re: [SG2] for15mm : possible fighter aircraft kit? Next: Legions of Steel