Prev: Re: Scales again (froth, gibber!) Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #289)

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #289)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:42:25 EST
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #289)

OH NO!!!! <grin> "Fractional" versus "mm" scale differences/confusion!!!

Pant - pant - pant - pant.... Let me see, Is it eye ball or top of head?

Or base of hat?   Maybe top of hair?  [control,  *must* get
control...Arrgh] Or is it 72 inches or 70 inches normal height of a
man??
and why is that normal?  I'm 5'5" and does that mean I'm... shuddder..
not 'normal'?  AND why a man?  Why not a woman?  or a child?  Or a gnu?
And do you start at the soles of the feet (but that's cast to the base
or
is it?) or bottom of the stand?  What if one foot is kicking?  What id
they are airborne with jump jet packs?	What about Coneheads?  Is it
1/48th or 1/72nd armor with 25mm infantry?? "True" 25mm or 28/25mm
infantry?  What if it is 30/25mm infantry?  If I use 54mm figures do I
need to rent a meeting room for a skirmish?  Doe sit matter my 25mm
dwarf
figures are taller then my 25mm humans?  And why is it MM's?  And not
rational measures like 'inches'?  Does it matter at all?
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

"Just relax, Mr. Wilson, the sedatives will take effect in few minutes."

I just couldn't resist.  Anybody offended can see their therapist now.
Or mine.  <grin>

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:43:34 +0000 Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
writes:
>>The new CAV miniatures from Reaper are also in "N"scale. This seems
>to be
>>a growing
>>trend.
>>
>>Kirk
>
>BUT..... the discussion was originally about the Gropos minis, which
>have
>been quoted as 10mm scale; "N" is NOT 10mm. N is, IIRC, normally taken
>as
>around 1/120 scale. 10mm is approx 1/200; the nearest corresponding
>model
>railway scale is Z, at 1/220.
>
>Jon (GZG)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Scales again (froth, gibber!) Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #289)