Prev: Re: FT_Command & control Next: [OT] Proxy Card Blanks

[FT] SSD

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:56:34 -0800
Subject: [FT] SSD

Anyone have business card sized SSDs for FB1 ships?
From - Mon Jan 29 11:57:28 2001
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:29:11 +0000
From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@kuju.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [FT] SSD
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Yes ... but not to hand right now, and my home PC is currently down as
I'm redecorating the room it's in :-(

I've done most NAC and ESU designs on (approx) 90x50mm cards which I
then laminate. The files are in CorelDraw .cdr
files, but I can export to bitmap if required.

--
-----------------------------
Tony Francis
From: "bif smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "full thrust" <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Subject: RE:FT-Command & Control
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:52:24 -0000
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

Another idea for flag bridge is that it allows a ship to fire on a enemy
ship, using the targeting range from a closer frendly ship (die rolls),
as
long as it`s within range of the target with it`s own guns in the first
place (I know that someone suggested this before, but it seams a good
reason
to have flag bridges). We set limits for a flag bridge along the lines
of it
can only control/pass data between 18 ships (3 squadrens), and to pass
more
data/link more ships requires the use of more flag bridge equipted ships
tie the different flag bridge groups together (like the C3 computers
from
battletech). Also, for each squadren (6 ships) tied together, a ship
needs a
communication bank (2 mass, 4 cost) to handle the data, and this is not
core system, so rendering a data group more vulnerable to damage to the
flag
ship (which would carry a big NUKE ME sign anyway, due to the volume of
com
traffic, the enemy would know which ship it is). A flag bridge ship that
is
tieing together the different data groups, would require 2 com banks for
each flag bridge data group it`s co-ordinating. Of course, you could
have a
different number of ships tied together in a data group by a flag bridge
(say one squadren, 6 ships), and there does not only need to be 1 com
bank
per ship (say 3 banks, 1 in use & 2 back ups), but this proposal does
make a
flag bridge data group more dangerous while this system is still
operating.
It also makes a flag bridge ship a primarry target for enemy ships, and
as
such, more inportant for the player to protect in the first place.

Another idea is that a flag bridge allows a squdren tied together in a
data
group to fire in adfcon mode, if within 6 mu, without a adfcon on board
the
ships (the flag bridge ties the data nets together just like adfcon). To
prevent a flag bridge ship lying at the back of the game board, and
allowing
the ships it co-ordinates going and attacking without it, we can say
that
the flag bridge ship is required to remain within 18 mu of it`s data
group
(except the ship linking the different gruops together, which could link
them at upto 36 mu, more valuble, so keeping the range open is more
inportent).

Another rough idea, awaiting comments?

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: FT_Command & control Next: [OT] Proxy Card Blanks