Prev: RE: [FT] Accelerated Play Next: [SG, DS] Logistics (was: Powered Armor!)

RE: SG2 close assault

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:47:09 -0500
Subject: RE: SG2 close assault

[snip]

> - singly suppressed units may retreat. Multiply suppressed units (2-3
> suppressions) MAY NOT retreat - they are just too heavily pinned to
get up
> and bug out.

[snip]

> That's my 0.02. I'm probably gonna try some of these soon. Close
assault
> done right (against a suppressed foe) is an excellent coup de grace -
they
> can't flee due to the fire, and they can't execute final defensive
fire.
> They might even already have casualties. Executed versus a unit with a
> bunch
> of other nearby unactivated friendly units - none of which are
suppressed
> -
> should be a recipe for getting the attacking squad cut to ribbons.
>
> It's all in the timing.

> Thomas R. S. Barclay

On the other hand, would any unit really close assault (CA) an area that
has
that much friendly fire in it? If the friendly fire is cut for the CA,
then
the defenders have the chance to make a break for it or perform final
defensive fire. It not the assaulting forces should have a chance to be
hit
by friendly fire. I would think that a unit could not/would not do a CA
on a
unit with more than one suppression (too much fire in the area).

My .02.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/sg2/

Prev: RE: [FT] Accelerated Play Next: [SG, DS] Logistics (was: Powered Armor!)