Prev: FT/SG-Siege of terra senario idea Next: RE: FT/SG-Siege of terra senario idea

RE: SG2 ideas

From: mark.langsdorf@a...
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:33:40 -0600
Subject: RE: SG2 ideas

> 1. At 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 strength of original strength make a
> Reaction Test at +1 or it must lower the motivation of the
> unit. More bookkeeping, I know. When the unit reaches below
> low, it must back at least one Confidence at turn when in
> enemy contact.

	This seems like a bad idea.  The important mission should
still be important after taking a lot of casualties - the squad
might not CARE anymore, but the mission is still important.

> 2. Another idea, is use Suppression Markers(previous only) as
> modifier for Confidence Test. Three markers, a +3 modifiers.
> It would make those unit caught in a crossfire think twice.
> Power Armour might ignore this part.

	I'd have to try that, but my initial reaction is yowza!
Units will certainly fall to pieces a bit faster, especially
if you pin them with rifle fire and then drop artillery on
them.
	If you implement this, I'd say Power armor should be
just as vulnerable.  Suppressed is suppressed.

> 3. Platoon Morale. Anytime a squad on the field is Broken,
> Routed or Eliminated All the other squads in THAT platoon
> must make a Confidence Test at +1/+0/NA.

	I've been thinking about something like this, for
possible use in larger (company level) games.
	I'd say that every time a squad goes to BROKEN,
ROUTED, or gets eliminated, all other squads in the
platoon take a Confidence test as though they'd suffered
casualties.  If other squads in the platoon are ROUTED
or eliminated, they count as untreated wounded for all
Confidence tests that every squad in the platoon has to
take.
	Similarly, calculate average morale for each
platoon in a company, and whenever a platoon becomes
BROKEN, routed, or eliminated, all squads in all
platoons in the company have to take the appropriate
tests.
	It would add a lot of dice-rolling, which is bad,
but it would make it possible for companies to start
break as their elements routed or died.  Anything which
increases the effects of morale in SG2 is okay by my
book.

Prev: FT/SG-Siege of terra senario idea Next: RE: FT/SG-Siege of terra senario idea