Prev: Re: [Starguard] [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale

Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:19:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale

At 02:59 PM 1/21/01 EST, you wrote:
>Okay, off the wall question time.
>
>I am looking at the DS2 rules and slowly working on taking the
Starguard
>{warped by Ratner's Space marines} set up and moving it to DS2 for a
>scenario generator... Yeah, I know.  Sick isn't it?
>
>1)Does anybody know about aliens figures from generally humanoid to
>anthropomorphic bipedal creatures (Nekton, Insectoid, H.G. Wellsian
>Martians/Mertuns, etc., etc., etc.) in 6mm (aka 1/285th or 1/300th
scale)
>format?  I think the differences would be small but possibly
significant
>for some races...
>
>2)Non-bipedal creatures?
>
>3)In general who, if *anybody* actually makes 'aliens' in this scale?

Simtac makes (or made; I'm not sure what'd up with Simtac these days)
some
insectoid figures that were supposed to be 6mm, in three different
scales.
The good news is that they are excellent figures, well-sculpted with a
lot
of nice detail.  The bad news is that they are bipeds and that they are
HUGE, towering over most tanks.

On the other hand, they are dead-on perfect for 15mm scale, so i'm still
quite pleased with them.  If anyone wants to see any of these figures,
let
me know and I'll scan them.

GZG makes some nice 6mm bugs, but I don't think that they ae available
over
here yet.  I understand that Irregular makes a lot of 6mm alien type
figures, but I don't know who sells them in the US.

The plastic GW Tyranid stuff is actually quite nice.  The armor I can
give
or take, but the infantry figures are excellent.  I have several
hundred,
waiting until I feel inspired enough to paint the little bastards.

I'm fairly certain that I'm forgetting something really obvious, but
these
are the only one that come to mind at the moment.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [Starguard] [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale