Prev: [OT] A brief but sad reminder Next: Re: [OT] A brief but sad reminder

Re: [sg] Support Weapon Questions (Somewhat related)

From: "Jack Mosquera" <jjmjack@h...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:19:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [sg] Support Weapon Questions (Somewhat related)

One thing that I found missing in the rules, or at least not covered
well,
is the use of SAW/Machinegun Teams.
Machinegun teams, according to the rules would only be able to fire
once,
even if they had two activations, where in position, set up with a field
of
fire, loads of ammunition (belt/battery/box feeds), and containing a
gunner
and other crew.

What I usually do is allow machinegun teams the ability to fire twice.
Once
during each activation.

A machinegun squad of three troopers is set up to fire at an enemy
squad, if
the gunner fires (Quality) a SAW/Machinegun (Penetration) you can't
simulate
the high volume of fire, and you only roll two dice; the other guys in
the
squad are busy stabilizing and fedding ammo to the thing. However by
letting
them fire twice, once in each action, you can simulate high volume of
fire,
as should be generated by an in-position tripod/bipod machinegun team.