Prev: Re: Fonts for list Next: [FT] Squadrons

Re: Fire Actions in Stargrunt or FMA

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:07:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Fire Actions in Stargrunt or FMA

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:08:06 -0500, "Nick and Laurel Caldwell"
<clcaldwell@kreative.net> wrote:

>Hey, for my 1720 scenario I came up with a reload action, too.
>
>Here's a question -- do you make them roll against their quality to get
>their weapon reloaded?

Nope. I had thought about it, though. But soldiers of the era, under
fire,
tended to have no problems loading. They often didn't fire, just kept
reloading (one rifled musket at Gettysburg had 10 loads in it), but
reloading
wasn't a problem.

I did away with suppression markers, as suppressing units and stopping
them
from firing didn't really happen in this period. The rate of fire was
too low.
In the era you are talking it was even less of an issue. Instead of a
suppression, I used a Confidence Test. As units drop in confidence, they
tend
to fire less. This handles the nasty effects of being under fire for a
while
and slowing down firing. Requiring a quality roll to reload as well
seemed
like overkill.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Fonts for list Next: [FT] Squadrons