Prev: Re: Solo Stargrunt (plus jetpack question) Next: Re: Solo Stargrunt

Re: [OT] Paypal Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:29:06 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Paypal Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?

I've personally had a problem with Paypal, and I know it applies to
several Canadian banks.  Apparently Paypal uses the last three digits of
the credit card number (the ones that are usualy not used) on cards such
as Visa to do some sort of verification.  This causes problems with
certain banks in Canada (I know my bank, the Royal Bank, has this
problem) that don't support it.  The end result is that nine times out
of
ten, your transaction gets denied, and of course on Paypal if your
transaction gets denied three times you can't transfer with the account
anymore.  Just to warn the Canadians on the list about this.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Up to Jon, of course, but I've heard of several vendor horror stories
> lately, from people claiming to be the victim, not
second/third/howmany?